Skip to main content

Mixed Media Part 2

 In this entry in the series, I talk about acrylic resin.  I have actually been using this for a while, it's what I tend to use as a solid base to make my leather wet molds (ie the skull in the pirate chest).

I've tried making dice, making skulls, making jewels and gems (with clear resin and tint). most of which are actually in fact used in the creation of the pirate chest.  I'm still trying to figure out a useful way to effectively use this in my leatherwork, other than making forms for wet molds.  I would like to make acrylic casts of firearms or knives so that I could premake some holsters, but that would be a lot of molds, and a lot of things being borrowed from people so I don't foresee that happening.

In short, this is really a skill that will help me when making special molds for leather, so I branched out, and I wasn't terrible at it.  Quick Fact, most of the "jewels" in my pirate chests are hard acrylic that I made personally, and on that note, some of the new boxes will have actual jewels (like I have a set of rubies I will be randomly putting in boxes, so order now!

-James


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Items!

 There will soon be some new items hitting the store, and the best part is, with these, there won't be any manufacturing\fabrication time! These items will be one offs that I made and selling as I create them. These items will start with One Off in the title so that you can tell, but it will be in the description as well.