Skip to main content

There is how long of a wait?


 

This would be the second hurdle I encounter with new customers.  After informing them and making them aware of the actual value of the item they want to purchase, then they see the fabrication time.  At any given time the standard lead time is 2 weeks, which allows me some room in case I am working on multiple projects (which is often the case).  Some items will require more time, the more intricate or custom an item is, naturally, the longer it will take.  It's not uncommon for a custom flat\messenger cap to take 3 weeks, and I have worked into this any correspondence time I need with the customer.

What do I mean by correspondence time? Well, the amount of time it takes you, the customer, to answer any questions I might have.  The more custom, the more questions I'll be likely to have, but with all items that you wear, I always ask for measurements in the item description, but this doesn't always mean I'll get them with the order.  They might get lost in the order, or you may honestly look over the part where I ask your size.  It's all honest q&a, but it does eat at the time.  If I'm going to go over, I will let you know, usually by email, or messages in Etsy if that is where the purchase took place.

To put it bluntly, quality takes time.  I can build a few things ahead of time, but most items are custom made for you, so that's way they do take longer than running to the store.  It will be will worth the wait, I can promise you that.

-James


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Items!

 There will soon be some new items hitting the store, and the best part is, with these, there won't be any manufacturing\fabrication time! These items will be one offs that I made and selling as I create them. These items will start with One Off in the title so that you can tell, but it will be in the description as well.